Want to open a KFC?
We're the biggest chain of Quick Service Restaurants (QSR) in the world. And even though we have over 800 restaurants in the UK and Ireland, there's always opportunities for more. So if you think you've got the right stuff, either as a business or an individual, we'd like to hear from you.
What you'll need
- True entrepreneurial spirit
- A strong belief in our brand
- Managerial experience - hospitality would be a big plus
- A real commitment to serve to the standards our customers expect
- A keen ability to train and nurture people
- A minimum of £5m if you're a business - £2m will have to be your own investment, and you must have access to additional funding to match growth
- The capability and drive to expand to 10 restaurants in 5 years
Now hold on
If you operate other franchise businesses that's fine, and we'll consider you for KFC - provided your businesses are not in direct competition with KFC or any of our affiliates. So if you're running a McDonald's, Burger King, Wimpy or similar ventures, then I'm afraid we cannot consider you for franchise.
What's the cost?
It takes a special person or group to be a KFC franchisee. And you will need capital. Here's a general guideline of the costs per unit. Remember this is only a guide.
- Initial new licence fee is US $43,600
- Franchise royalty is 6% of sales, paid monthly
- Your advertising contribution is 5% of sales. This is paid into a co-operative and used mainly for National TV and 0.5% of local marketing.
- The cost of setting up a Drive Thru unit to KFC standards can be over £500,000. This is in addition to lease/freehold cost of the land/building. Further capital will be needed to purchase stock, cover training, provide wages, utility deposits and insurance premiums.
How we can help
Starting a new business can be challenging, but we're here to help with training programmes, business management tools, as well as giving you the flexibility to manage your venture. We can also help with a dedicated franchisee team offering training, development and acquisition advice.
You'll need to complete our Developing Champions training program, followed by an Area Coach orientation and Restaurant Support Centre induction. Just so you know, all this can take up to six months to complete.
What you can do with our image
Become a franchisee and we'll grant you the use of our trademarks, logos, our system and system property of the brand at the agreed upon location. If you're opening a KFC abroad we'll work with you through our YRI Global Franchise Partnering System so you can be sure of the best training, development and support every step of the way.
Think you've got what it takes?
Time to get in touch then. You can call us on our franchisee enquiry line on 01483 717002.