These terms and conditions ("the Terms") apply to the web site www.kfc.co.uk and any other websites run by Kentucky Fried Chicken (Great Britain) Limited ("KFC" and "We" and "Us") (the "Sites"). Please read these Terms carefully. If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms then you should not access the Sites . Access of the Sites by you shall be deemed to be your acceptance of these Terms.
Any prize promotions contained on the Sites shall also be governed by the particular terms and conditions for that prize promotion.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these Terms.
Access to the Sites
Our Sites are made available free of charge.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Sites.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who have access to our Sites through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and all other applicable Terms, and that they comply with them.
Information on the Sites
KFC strives to ensure that the information contained on its Sites is accurate and reliable. However, KFC and the World Wide Web (or Web Site Host) are not infallible and errors may sometimes occur. You should take appropriate steps to verify all information on the Sites before acting upon it. KFC may from time to time revise the information, services and the resources contained in the Sites and reserves the right to make such changes without any obligation to notify past, current or prospective visitors/users. We do not guarantee that our Sites, or any content on them, will be free from errors or omissions.
Unless otherwise stated or the context requires otherwise the Sites relate to the business of KFC in the United Kingdom only.
This Site contains many of the valuable trademarks owned and used by KFC and its subsidiaries and affiliates throughout the world to distinguish its quality products and services. These trademarks and related proprietary property are protected from copying and simulation under national and international laws and are not to be reproduced or copied without the express written permission of KFC or its relevant subsidiaries and affiliates.
The graphic images, buttons and text contained in the Sites (and the Sites' 'look and feel') are the exclusive property of KFC and, except for personal use, may not be copied, distributed, or reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any mean, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of KFC. The content, arrangement and layout of the Sites, including, but not limited to, the trademarks, service marks, package designs, text, and content, are proprietary and are protected from copying, imitation, communication, or simulation under domestic and international laws and are not to be reproduced, communicated, displayed, distributed, or transmitted without the express written permission of KFC.
Any unauthorized use of the materials, structure, sequence, arrangement, or design of the Sites, or trademarks, service marks, or trade dress found within the Sites may violate civil or criminal laws, including, but not limited to, copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
By visiting the Sites you not acquire or obtain by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use or make additional copies of any materials or information displayed on the Sites.
If you copy or download any part of our Sites in breach of these Terms, your right to use our Sites will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
We do not guarantee that our Sites will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Sites. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Sites by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Sites, the servers on which our Sites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Sites. You must not attack our Sites via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Sites will cease immediately.
Linking to our Sites
You may link to the home page of www.kfc.co.uk, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Sites in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Sites must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Sites other than the home page of www.kfc.co.uk.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Third party links and resources in our Sites
The Sites may link to sites which are not maintained or related to KFC. Hypertext links are provided as a service to users and are not sponsored by or affiliated with the Sites or KFC. KFC has not reviewed any of all of the sites hyper-linked to or from the Sites and is not responsible for the content of any other sites. The links are to be accessed at your own risk and KFC makes no representations or warranties about the content, completeness, or accuracy of these links or the sites hyperlinked to the Sites . Further, KFC does not implicitly endorse third-party sites hyperlinked to the Sites . KFC will also not be responsible for the content of any third party advertising or sponsorship that may appear on the Sites nor for compliance of the same with any laws or regulations.
The Sites may also contain references to other company, brand and product names. These company, brand and product names are used herein for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective owners. The images of people or places displayed, forms, structures, and graphics displayed or found within the Sites are either the property of, or used with permission by KFC. KFC may be, but is not necessarily sponsored by or affiliated with any of the owners of the other company, brand or product name appearing on the Sites, and makes no representations about them, their owners, their products or services. Any use by you of these marks, names and logos may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
Limitation of our Liability
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
As referred to above, our Sites are made available free of charge. As a consequence by entering the Sites , you acknowledge and agree that the use of the Sites is at your own risk and to the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Sites or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
Use of, or inability to use, our Sites;
- Use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Sites
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular we will not be liable for:
- Loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- Business interruption;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user, please note that we only provide our Sites for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Sites for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of- service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Sites or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Sites. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by Us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Any software is downloaded at your own risk. If you are in any doubt as to the suitability of the software to be downloaded for your computer it is recommended that you obtain specialist advice before downloading it.
Severance of Terms
If any part of these Terms is, at any time, found to be invalid by a court, tribunal or other forum of competent jurisdiction, or otherwise rendered unenforceable, that decision shall not invalidate or void the remainder of these Terms. These Terms shall be deemed amended by modifying or severing such part as necessary to render them valid, legal and enforceable while preserving their intent, or if that is not possible, by substituting another provision that is valid, legal and enforceable that gives equivalent effect to the parties' intent. Any such invalid or unenforceable part or parts shall be severable from these Terms, or the validity of the part(s) in question in any other jurisdiction shall not be affected thereby.
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree that the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute. The Sites are intended for use only by persons who access them from within the UK & Ireland. Goods advertised, displayed or provided on this Sites are available only to residents of (or companies incorporated in) the UK & Ireland. We make no representation that any material contained on this Site is appropriate for any other jurisdiction.
Changes to these Terms
We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Entries must submit a proposal via Twitter or Facebook in response to the following challenge: "What would you do for the taste of KFC". All Entries will be evaluated by a Judging Panel. Competition is only open to UK residents of 18 years of age or more. Promotion opens 12pm 09.02.15 and closes 27.02.15. Illegal, dangerous or offensive Entries will be automatically disqualified. A minimum of 100 Spot Prizes will be awarded by the Judging Panel during the Promotion Period. Winners of the Spot Prize will be notified via Twitter @KFC_UKI. At the end of the Promotional Period, 5 Finalists chosen by the Judging Panel will be offered the opportunity to perform their Entry and they will be notified of this opportunity via Twitter @KFC_UKI. The Finalists must confirm via Twitter @KFC_UKI within 24 hours of being notified by the Promoter that they are willing to perform their proposed challenge within 7 calendar days. Provided that the Finalists perform their Entry within this time and agree to have their performance filmed by the Promoter, they will be awarded the Main Prizes of "50 years of KFC" (equivalent to a maximum of ONE standard sharing meal per calendar month for 50 years) in the form of a Golden Chicken Chequebook (or equivalent). No proof of purchase required. All entrants must follow @KFC_UKI and tweet a response using #50YearsOfKFC or post on KFC's Facebook page. Normal exclusions apply. See http://www.kfc.co.uk/terms-and-conditions for the full terms of the competition.
Your use on Twitter is subject to the terms and conditions located here: https://twitter.com/tos
Your use on Facebook is subject to the terms and conditions located here: https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
Full Terms & Conditions
By entering the promotion, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions and all entry instructions form part of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials.
1. Promoter: Kentucky Fried Chicken (Great Britain) Limited, Orion Gate, Guildford Road, Woking, Surrey GU22 7NJ
2. Eligibility: The promotion is only open to residents in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, its agents and anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
3. No proof of purchase necessary.
4. Promotional Period: Opens on 9th February 2015 at 12:00 and closes on 27th February 2015 at 23:59 inclusive. All Entries received after this date will not be included in the promotion.
5. Entry Instructions: Entrants can only enter the promotion by following @KFC_UKI on Twitter and by responding to the call to action "What would you do for the taste of KFC" by submitting a proposal for a challenge that they would be willing to perform either via Twitter using the hashtag #50YearsOfKFC or by posting their entry on the KFC UK Facebook page (the "Entry").
6. Judging Panel: Each Entry will be evaluated by a panel including one independent judge. Each eligible Entry will be judged on the Criteria set out below.
7. Criteria: The Judging Panel will select winners of the Spot Prize and the Main Prize based on the following criteria: originality, entertainment value, feasibility and engagement online. A score out of 10 will be awarded against each of these criteria. Consideration will also be given to the viability, complexity of challenge, and the health and safety risks related to the proposal. IMPORTANT: Entries must not be illegal, dangerous, offensive or pose any risk to the health and safety of the entrant or any other members of the public and any Entry considered as such by the Judging Panel will be automatically excluded from the competition.
8. Spot Prize: A Spot Prize of one Chicken Cheque as a thank you will be awarded by the Judging Panel based on the Criteria to at least 5 Entries each day throughout the Promotional Period. Tweets will be turned into GIFS. Spot Prize winners will be notified via Twitter @KFC_UKI. A maximum of one Spot Prize will be awarded per person. If an entrant wins a Spot Prize they will not be entitled to win another Spot Prize.
9. Chicken Cheque: The Chicken Cheque entitles each Spot Prize winner to a selection of sharing meals including 14 piece Bargain Bucket, 10 piece Family Feast, 12 piece Deluxe Boneless Feast and 10 piece Wicked Variety Bucket prior to 31st December 2015.
10. Finalists: At the end of the Promotional Period, the Judging Panel will select the five highest scoring Entries based on the Criteria. These Finalists will be invited to perform their Entry. Finalists will only be notified that they have been chosen by the Judging Panel via Twitter @KFC_UKI.
11. Finalists' Conditions: The Finalists must each meet the following conditions in order to win the Main Prize otherwise the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify them from the competition and may select a reserve finalist in his/her place:
a. each Finalist must provide proof of identity and proof age (i.e. passport, driving licence or other form of proof at the Promoter's discretion) within 2 days of being requested by the Promoter;
b. each Finalists must confirm that they are willing to perform their Entry by responding via Twitter @KFC_UKI within 24 hours of being notified by the Promoter ;
c. each Finalist must perform their proposed challenge within 7 calendar days of confirming via Twitter @KFC_UKI;
d. each Finalist grants the Promoter permission to film the performance of the proposed challenge at a time which is agreed by the Promoter;
e. in the event that the Finalist becomes a winner, it grants the Promoter permission to film the awarding and acceptance of the prize; and
f. grants the Promoter and its agents the right to use the footage as detailed in (d) and (e) above together with any other footage captured by, or on behalf of, the Promoter as a result of the entrants' participation in this competition for the purposes of the Promoter's advertising and marketing activities.
12. Main Prize: There are five Main Prizes of "50 years of KFC" to be won subject to these terms and conditions.
13. What does "50 years of KFC" mean?: Each winner will be (subject to these terms and conditions) entitled to A MAXIMUM OF ONE STANDARD SHARING KFC MEAL PER CALENDAR MONTH FOR 50 YEARS FROM THE DATE THE PRIZE IS AWARDED. All entrants acknowledge that KFC's menu will change over the course of the next 50 years and therefore KFC reserve the right to modify the Main Prize where necessary to accommodate these changes, provided always that the Main Prize shall be of an equivalent value to one standard KFC sharing meal at the date of the competition and that where possible KFC will use reasonable endeavours to accommodate the preferences of the winner (subject to the availability of the particular store.
Each of the 5 Main Prize winners will be provided with a Golden Chicken Chequebook which will entitle them to redeem ONE standard KFC sharing meal per calendar month at any branch of KFC in the UK. The form of the Golden Chicken Chequebook is subject to change from time to time.
14. Right of the Promoter to withdraw: All entrants acknowledge that 50 years is a significant period and unforeseen events may occur during this time. The Promoter reserves the right (acting reasonably and fairly) to cancel or amend the promotion, the entitlement to the Main Prize and/or these terms and conditions but will always use reasonable endeavours to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment. In the event that the Main Prize is withdrawn, the winner is entitled to the payment of £17 per month for each of the remaining months in the 50 year period.
15. All Entries subject to moderation. The Promoter has absolute and sole discretion on which Entries it is willing to accept. The Promoter may at any time remove any content without giving any explanation for its decision. The Promoter shall, at their sole discretion, refuse to accept any Entry if it considers such content is or may be:
i. offensive, defamatory, blasphemous or malicious
ii. indecent or inappropriate in anyway
iii. illegal or infringing a third party's rights (including but not limited to their privacy or intellectual property rights)
iv. including any third party branding or images; or
v. inappropriate for any other reason in the Promoter's sole discretion.
No Entries from agents, third parties, syndicated Entries or those made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated devices. No bulk Entries. All Entries must be made directly by the person entering the promotion. Entrants who do not give correct details or those who make an Entry on someone else's behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter's discretion.
16. General: By entering this competition, the entrant agrees to the terms of this competition and hereby grants the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to exploit, use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display its submission, the footage taken of the performance of their challenge and the footage taken of the award and acceptance of the prize for any purpose (including by not limited to advertising, promotion, publicity and communications) in any and all media forms, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability to the fullest extent permitted by law. As a condition of accepting the Spot Prize or the Main Prize winners may be required, at the Promoter's request, to participate in any reasonable promotional activity (such as publicity, filming and photography) surrounding the winning of the prizes, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their names and images in promotional material, including that with third parties. Participant acknowledges and agrees that it does not have the right at any time to review, edit or modify any footage taken of them. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that their submissions are their original works and contain no copyrighted materials, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights to the Promoter.
17. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for Entries or claims which for technical or other reasons are not entered correctly or are lost. Incomplete Entries will not qualify for the promotion.
18. The Main Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable at all times (including but not limited to in the event of death or incapacity) and for the avoidance of doubt, the Golden Chicken Cheque (or any alternative) shall not be used or redeemed by any other party other than a winner of the Main Prize.
19. In the event for any reason a prize winner does not take any element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the prize. For the avoidance of doubt, the winners of the Main Prize are entitled to a maximum of one standard KFC sharing meal (or alternative as provided for in these terms and conditions) in each calendar month for a period of 50 years. If the right to redeem a standard KFC sharing meal (or alternative as provided for in these terms and conditions) is not exercised in a particular month that month's entitlement cannot be carried forward to another month.
20. There are no cash or other prize alternatives available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its control the Promoter reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to substitute a similar alternative of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
21. The full name and county of the Main Prize winners and the Spot Prize winners will be available by visiting www.winnersgallery.co.uk within 3 months of the published closing date.
22. The winners' personal data will be used and shared for the purpose of providing the prizes only and shall be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
23. Except as otherwise required by applicable law, the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for lost, late, damaged, corrupted or misdirected Entries or claims and the Promoter is not responsible for any late or misdirected delivery of communications (email or otherwise), except in the event of wilful intent on the part of the Promoter or its agents.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all Entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 2 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. The Promoter's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation its decision.
25. This promotion is not affiliated with, sponsored by or endorsed by the products or retailers featured in the prizes. Trademarks, logos and names of the products and retailers are the property of their respective owner.
26. Any images are an illustrative example and do not show the exact prize.
27. To the fullest extent permitted by law and excluding death or permanent injury caused as a result of the Promoter's negligence, the Promoter accepts no liability for loss or injury as a result of the promotion or receipt or misuse of any prize.
28. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the terms and conditions will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have jurisdiction.
29. Nothing in these terms and conditions excluded the Promoter's liability for:
a. Death or personal injury caused by its negligence; or
b. Fraud; or
c. Any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law
30. The Promoter recommends responsible consumption and suggests that meals are shared with families and friends.
31. The Promoter shall not be liable for any failure of any third party to fulfil its contractual obligations although the Promoter shall try to minimise the effect of such failures.
32. Any challenge performed by a Finalist shall be done so entirely at his/her risk. The offer to the entrant to perform their challenge shall not be deemed to be an endorsement of the safety (or otherwise) of performing the challenge.
33. The Promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses incurred by the Finalists in performing the challenge.
35. Due to natural loss of data by using digital applications to pull from Twitters environment, it is possible that a minimal amount of posts will not be captured. If you would like to verify that your Entry has been submitted, please DM KFC_UKI on Twitter.
KFC name, design and related marks are trademarks of Kentucky Fried Chicken (Great Britain) Limited. 2015 Kentucky Fried Chicken, all rights reserved.
The Sites are owned and operated by Kentucky Fried Chicken (Great Britain) Limited a company registered in England and Wales, whose registered office is at Orion Gate, Guildford Road, Surrey, Woking GU22 7NJ Company registration number: 967403 VAT number: 414021513
To contact us please telephone: 01483 717000.
Thank you for visiting our Sites.