Keeping our teams and guests safe
Following a period where all our restaurants across the UK and Ireland were closed, we have re-opened nearly all of our restaurants a large number of our restaurants offering delivery, drive thru services, front counter takeaway and dine-in (where government guidance allows). Our first priority is to ensure the safety of our teams and guests.
We have worked hard to ensure we are compliant across UK and Ireland, following guidance and legislation issued by the devolved administrations of Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. For our restaurants in Ireland we have followed the relevant guidance and legislation issued by the Government of Ireland.
We have developed robust procedures ensuring that our restaurant teams can work at all times within current social distancing requirement and that the highest level of food safety is maintained.
We have listened to our teams in restaurants and feedback from our guests and have developed a Response Plan and Risk Assessment which covers every area of the restaurant operations, identifying all hazards, risks and control measures put in place to control those risks, and have put in place a number of additional measures in all restaurants in line with current government guidance, whether they are operated by KFC directly or by one of our franchise partners. Our number one focus has been to ensure the additional measures are aligned with UK and Ireland government guidance and can be maintained at all times, including;
FOR OUR TEAM MEMBERS
- Taking all reasonable measures, including signage, posters and floor markings to ensure that a distance of 2 metres is maintained wherever possible between team members working in the restaurants
- Implemented COVID-19 specific training, which all team members must complete before they come back to work.
- Increased hand hygiene measures and sanitising of touch points.
- Provision of gloves for pack, present and cashier team members.
- Provision of masks for team members who would like to wear them.
- Provision of protective screens at hand off points, including front counter and drive thru window.
- Provision of protective screens at the breading table
- Reduce menu offering and opening hours to drive simplicity and ease of execution of the plan and enable reduction in the number of team members required to operate the restaurant.
- Daily wellbeing checks with our team members.
FOR OUR GUEST
- Taking all reasonable measures, including signage, posters and floor markings to ensure that a distance of 2 metres is maintained wherever possible;
- Between guests and delivery drivers queuing to collect orders.
- Between team members and delivery drivers/guests coming to the restaurant to collect orders.
- Contact free hand over of orders to delivery drivers and guests.
- Provision of hand sanitiser at the entrance to the restaurant.
- Encouraging contactless payment by guests.
- Regular above restaurant review, including internal audit to ensure procedures are being followed as required.
In addition to the above, the following measures are in place specifically for dine-in guests
1. Screens provided at key locations within the dining area to assist with social distancing between tables.
2. Messaging provided on tables which are not to be used.
3. Implemented a digital system to record dine-in guest details, to support the government’s test and trace system.
4. All food packed in takeaway packaging, no trays provided for guests.
5. Tables cleared and tables and chairs sanitised after every guest visit.
6. Provision of hand sanitiser at entrance to visitor toilets.
7. Visitor toilets open.
8. Increased cleaning and sanitising of touchpoints in visitor toilets and across the front of house.
All other KFC procedures including the high standards of food safety we expect across all our restaurants remain in place.